6 months. Half a year. If you’re a mom and you’re reading this I don’t even need to say it but I’m going to anyway. How on earth did this happen? Where did the time go? Wasn’t he just inside? It’s been such a joy watching him grow so far. I honestly am a changed woman since knowing Dexter and I am so beyond blessed to be his mom. I miss having a little baby from time to time but this stage is still my favourite so far!
Weight: No idea. He hasn’t been weighed since his 4 month appointment. I think we go next week. Big. Super big.
Sleep: Sleep is going well. Dex is getting awesome at putting himself to sleep. Like most babies he sleeps through the night one night and the next he is up 4 times. Good times Dex. Currently he’s in bed around 730pm and still wakes at 12am and 5am. We’re getting there. His naps are 9:30 and 1 and sometimes a short nap at 4. I’m thinking about posting our daily schedule on here if anyone is interested.
Eating: We started solids! It’s been going so well. This babe loves to eat! He is still nursing frequently but enjoying some solids for dinner around 5:30. He loves sweet potato, egg yolk, avocado, and banana.
Diapers: Still cloth diapering. Still loving it. We have changed some of our cloth diaper routine lately and it’s working even better than before. When he wears disposable diapers (for travel) he is a size 3 and we have been using The Honest Company.
Clothing: He wears 6-12 or 9-12 month clothing now. I just did a ton of shopping with my mom for Dex for Jamaica and I can’t wait to see him in all his summer clothes. I’m going to be doing a post on things we bought for Jamaica. Preparing for a trip to Jamaica has been so fun, if I’m not careful buying things for Dex to wear in Jamaica will end up costing me more than the trip. No really.
Mood: He has been in the best mood lately. He is curious and always smiling. He loves attention (especially from the ladies) and is happiest in the mornings! He is such a thinker and it doesn’t take long for him to catch on to something new. He is generally pretty laid back like his Dad. :)
▪ Trying to crawl. Forget the exersauser or jolly jumper or even being held. If this kid isn’t on the ground he is not happy. He is so close to crawling it scares me. He can get into the all fours position and bounce his little booty up and down. He can also do like a downward dog position right up on his hands and tip toes.
▪ Pureed Foods – As I mentioned we started some solids and he has been loving it. Can’t get it into his mouth fast enough!
▪ Swimming – We took him swimming for the first time and it was awesome. Mostly because he wore little baby swim trunks! I died. Here’s a little peek. Ignore my running mascara, I had no idea he would be able to soak me with his splashing.
▪ Babbling – he is getting so much more vocal and trying out new sounds every day. He always has Zach and I laughing with the weird noises he makes.
▪ Teething and everything it involves.
▪ Not being on the ground
▪ Being still – he is becoming so so active. He is not much of a snuggler and that kind of breaks my heart but I also love and embrace that he is a busy boy looking for adventure and wanting to be active all the time. I guess it makes the snuggly moments more sweet.
What I Want to Remember:
▪ Got his second tooth at 26 weeks. Took it like a champ. WAY better than first tooth.
▪ Took him for his first swim on family day (25 weeks). We wanted to start some little family day traditions and we thought swimming would be fun. We went to the Y and they have an awesome kiddie pool. Dex loved it! He splashed so much and didn’t want to get out. I love that he has no fear of the water.
▪ He learned to sit up on his own. I still hang close by just incase he face plants but he has got it down. It totally freaks me out when I look over and he’s just sitting playing with his toys!
▪ He has started sleeping on his tummy every time. The first time he slept on his belly was his longest sleep ever and since that day I don’t think he has ever slept on his back again. He gets his bum up in the air and wedges both arms underneath his body like he is all swaddled.
▪ He learned to roll back to front. Thank God. We used to have to roll him once he got frustrated on his tummy but now he just rolls back on his own. Downside: he goes from back to tummy, back to tummy until he has rolled clear across our entire living room. No more leaving him alone on the floor while I do anything haha.
Thanks so much for reading guys! Means so much to me!
How old does he look in this pic!?! My heart explodes.