Dexter is 9 months old and honestly, more fun than ever – Here’s a little recap of his month and what’s new with my main mini man!
Wolf shorts – Sugar Plum Lane Baby Boutique
Weight: We haven’t had him weighed since his 6 month appointment. If I had to guess I would say around 22lbs. He is so much more mobile now and leaning out a lot even though that belly sometimes says otherwise.
Sleep: Two days ago I would have said “horrible”. Then we tried a sleep training technique and that was a total fail and then the past 2 nights he has been the best sleeper ever!! Honestly, it changes every day.
Eating: He’s still an awesome eater. We have cut out purees completely because he just doesn’t like them anymore. He has been loving all the fresh fruits that this season brings. I posted this photo of a typical lunch on Instagram this past week.
Diapers: Cloth diapering. No new diapers but so many of you have asked me for a review of the different brands I use so I’ll start working on that post for you guys!
Clothing: Dex wears 9-12 or 12 month clothing and size 2 shoes and moccs. I have been loving dressing him as her gets older and getting him into more toddler looking clothes and separates and less baby stuff. So stylish!
Mood: His mood has been great! He loves getting outside and is still happiest when he is in water or when he is eating. He is still SO not into cuddling (insert broken heart emoji here) but I’m hoping that will change as he gets older.
▪ Being outside. He is so interested in cars passing and grass and birds. It’s an incredible honour to be the one who gets to introduce him to the world and all it has to offer.
▪ Swimming/water – we just got him a littke backyard kiddie pool and he goes wild splashing and crawling in and out on his own.
▪ Music – he is really starting to react and love it when we sing to him or play music. Taking after his musician dad on this one (i hope!!!) .
▪ Dogs – he has taken so much interest in dogs whenever we are around them. Zach and I LOVE dogs but after tragically losing our dog Padme (3 days after I gave birth) we have been holding off on getting another one. It just didn’t feel right until now. So now the search is on for the right dog for us. We are in no rush and trust that the right dog will come our way. We miss our first dog(ter) so much and she will never be replaced but we would love Dex to grow up with a doggy.
▪ Sleep training. HA!
▪ Sun in his eyes/wearing hats.
▪ Looking at the camera when it’s time to take a picture.
What I Want to Remember:
▪ He stood on his own mother’s day weekend! So exciting to see him be all cautious and psych himself up and then finally let go. He gets pretty excited and proud of himself when he does it.
▪ His teeth. We have 8 teeth now and his little top teeth killllll me when he smiles. Makes him look like such a big boy.
▪ His hair is really starting to curl (YESSS)
Looking Forward To:
▪ I’m really looking forward to his first birthday. I know, I know. He’s only one. He doesn’t care about a party. All that is totally true but it’s so exciting and fun for me. Even though he is only one, this year deserves a celebration. It’s been the hardest, most amazing, challenging, messy beautiful year of our lives. Not only has Dexter gone from helpless newborn to intelligent, independent, curious baby, but Zach and I have gone from clueless, terrified parents to only sometimes clueless and terrified. haha Kidding, but really so far it has been such an awesome year of growth and I can’t wait to celebrate! I picked a theme and started looking for some cute memorable gifts for him today!
Thanks for reading xoxoxo B