This is it! It’s my last monthly update for Dex. It was so fun doing these and I love being able to look back and remember all his little milestones. After this I might just update every 3-5 months as it can be a little repetitive. Thanks so much for following along on Dexter’s first year! I was gonna write a little “One Year Letter” to him on the blog but I started and I couldn’t stop bawling so I just decided to write it down the old fashioned way and save it for just him.
On to the update! Sidenote: Don’t mind the iphone photos. I wanted this post to be super real and sometimes your fave pics of your kids are the worst quality, blurry, iphone ones. These photos show how I really know him and he is much more himself when I’m not trying to make him pose.
Weight: At his one year appointment he was 22 lbs and has almost lost all his baby rolls! Waaaaahhhh
Sleep: Guys it happened!!!! Dex is officially sleeping through the night!! I think weaning was the main reason. As soon as he started weaning he stopped waking up in the night to eat. I guess a bottle isn’t really worth it for him, at least not as worth it as a boob. We also started to let him cry/fuss for longer periods of time and attempt to put himself to sleep. We did one hard night :( but after that he was good to go. As much as I really miss nursing, I am a new woman now that he sleeps right through!
Eating: He loves food! He ate his whole cake at his bday and honestly eats anything we eat. His favourite foods are pickles (like mama), tomatoes, naan bread, and toast! He doesn’t like peas, broccoli or potato in any form (unless it’s a french fry – don’t judge me).
Clothing: He is in 12-18 month clothing.
Mood: Honestly he is such a chill boy. He is so easy going and such a happy boy. He is adventurous with some things and super timid with others. He can get frustrated if things aren’t going his way or if he falls or can’t open something. It’s kind of adorable….for now. ;)
- Reading. He loves books where you lift a flap or feel a texture. He is obsessed with turning pages. You need to speed read through the whole story.
- Walking – he is soooo over his stroller and wants to walk/run everywhere. It’s fun walking around stores with him just holding hands.
- Music and Dancing. He just now started to dance. We are a super musical family so we thought he would be grooving sooner than this but now he wont stop. He has one move and it’s basically like a half squat over and over again.
- When Zach gets home from work. Best time of his whole day!!
What I Want to Remember:
Shoot, so much! This whole past year. His birthday. The way he kisses with his mouth wide open. Our nursing journey – since we are just weaning now and I know I will miss this so much. The way he tries to mimic the sound of the kettle after it makes it’s boiling sound. The way he calls anything with fur a dog. His first word “ball”. Mostly just the little things. Our plain and simple days together. He knows me in my truest form and I’m honestly the most “me” when I’m with him. I pray this continues on for our whole lives together. Ok. No Crying. Next question.
Looking Forward To:
- Him getting older and talking more. He’s turning into a little toddler and it’s sometimes hard for me but so exciting!!
- Being able to play more with him and dance together and make things together.
- Him becoming a sibling in the future, or us getting a dog. I just love seeing him interact with others!
These are all pics from his actual birthday (not his party) such an awesome day spent just the three of us out in the sun!
(twinning – always ^)
Thanks so much for following along throughout this first year! I have honestly loved blogging all of these little milestones and can’t wait to look back on them for years to come!